Led by a rīvus educator, you will engage directly with newly commissioned exercises and place-responsive activations created exclusively for the 23rd Biennale of Sydney.
Space In Between connects the 23rd Biennale of Sydney locations from National Art School, Museum of Contemporary Art Australia, Pier 2/3 at Walsh Bay Arts Precinct and The Cutaway at Barangaroo, through mindful walking. The paths, like the river, flow both ways; there’s no beginning or end you can move in both directions and start or finish wherever you like.
Space In Between includes contributions by the following participants. You will engage with these contributions through Guided: Space In Between.
- Bronwyn Bailey-Charteris (Sweden/Australia)
- Cave Urban (Chile/Australia)
- Embassy of the North Sea (Netherlands)
- Julie Gough (Trawlwoolway, Australia)
- David Haines (England/Australia) & Joyce Hinterding (Australia)
- Pablo Helguera (Mexico/USA)
- John Kelly (Dunghutti, Australia) & Rena Shein (Australia)
- Astrida Neminas (Canada)
- José Roca (Colombia) and Juan Francisco Salazar (Chile/Australia)
- Slow Research Lab (Netherlands)
- Stephanie Springgay (Canada)
- Hanna Tuulikki (Finland/Scotland)
- Tais Rose Wae (Bundjalung, Australia)
- Judy Watson (Waanyi, Australia)
- Caroline Woolard (USA)
The program is inclusive and fully accessible for wheelchair users and users of other mobility devices.
Dates & Times
Opening Weekend – 12 & 13 March 2022
Mid weekend – 23 & 24 April 2022
Closing weekend – 11, 12 & 13 June 2022
Starting at The Cutaway at Barangaroo and ending at MCA
11.45 am: Cutaway – Pier 2/3
12.15 pm: Pier 2/3 – MCA
Free, registrations required.
The Biennale of Sydney strives to make all events accessible. You can advise us of your access requirements when booking online, by email or calling our box office on 02 8484 8702.
Box Office Opening Hours
Monday – Friday
9 am–4 pm
02 8484 8702
Email – email@example.com